1. What services can Top Aid Healthcare, INC caregivers provide in the home?
Our caregivers can provide both medical and non-medical care. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Medical Social Work Services
- Home Health Aide / Personal Care Services
- Private Duty Care
- Routine inspection of homes for quality check and to obtain patient feedback.
- Coordination of homecare supplies and equipment as per needs
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Coordination of hospice care when required
- Alzheimer’s care
- Respite care
2. What makes Top Aid Healthcare, INC different from other home healthcare agencies?
3. How do I know if my caregiver is qualified?
4. How much do home healthcare services cost?
5. How do I reach someone after hours?
6. How long is the wait time for services?
7. What is the difference between “skilled” and “non-skilled” nursing care?
“Skilled” nursing care follows a specific plan of care under the supervision of a Physician, Nurse (RN/LPN/LVN), or Therapist, and involves home healthcare services such as nursing care; physical, occupational, speech, and respiratory therapies; as well as social services and hospice care. Skilled medical care in the home can help provide a comforting solution to residing in a hospital, nursing home, or assisted living community.
“Non-skilled” or “Non-medical” care typically refers to companion and personal care activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, as well as assistance with meal preparation, light housekeeping, and running errands. It could also include medication reminders, assistance with ambulation, and transportation to medical appointments. These types of services are typically provided by Home Health Aides (HHAs) or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), and can be arranged for anywhere from a few hours to 24-hours a day. “non-skilled” or “Non-medical” care is often sought by the elderly, individuals with disabilities, and those transitioning from a hospital or medical facility to home.